To uphold the quality and reputation of Writertopia service, your use of the Service is subject to these service policies. If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by Writertopia in its sole discretion, we may warn you or suspend or terminate your account. Please note that we may change our service policies at any time, and pursuant to the Writertopia Terms of Service (the "Terms"), it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and adhere to the policies posted here. All capitalized terms used herein have the meanings stated in the Terms, unless stated otherwise.
The Content submitted to the Service shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third party's rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable law;
- Pornographic, obscene or excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Malicious content;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
Because the Service deals with creative works (e.g., fiction) submitted by users, Prohibited Content will be judged with respect to how the Content was submitted. For example, hate-related or violent dialogue in a screenplay could be protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. However, a high standard will be followed for submissions to public resource areas of the Service, e.g., writing best practices and forums.
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Terms, you may not and may not allow any third party, to:
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Interfere with other users' enjoyment of the Service, including stalking or harassing other users;
- Post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Writertopia's infrastructure;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the Service or for using it for purposes unrelated to the Service);
- Use the Service to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email or "spam". This includes unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with "spam", such as (a) promoting a site with inappropriate links, (b) promoting a site by posting multiple identical submissions in public areas, or (c) mass postings with fake identifiers;
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors;
- Impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any submitted Content;
- Illegally submit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission;
- Promote or encourage illegal activity;
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit the Service for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Service;
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from Writertopia - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- Display any content on the Service that contains any pornographic, hate-related or violent content or contain any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights;
- Modify the Writertopia logo or any other Writertopia Brand Features;
- Use the Service, or any interfaces provided with the Service, to access any Google product or service in a manner that violates the terms of service or other terms and conditions for use of such Google product or service.