The twin authors were born on 22.11.88 to an Indian father and British mother in England, where they stayed until the age of seven, when they moved to Switzerland. Jyoti probably became the youngest full-time writer in the world when he left school at the age of fifteen, while Suresh completed his A-levels at Bradfield College before joining him.
Their German publisher has made Calaspia the lead YA title in its centenary year (2008) with a first print-run of 100,000 copies.
Now 19, the twins continue to write the Insanity Saga, occasionally leaving their desks to give presentations on related subjects and to sign books at schools, literary organisations and festivals.
- "Me, Harry Potter and the Casting Adventure", feature, The Wall Street Journal, 2004 (Jyoti Guptara)
- "Mein Grossvater Sam", in German textbook, publisher Sauerländer, 2004 (Jyoti Guptara)
The "Insanity" Saga:
- "Conspiracy of Calaspia" (Book One), novel, 2006, published in South Asia by Tara Press
- "Calaspia, Die Verschwörung", German translation, 2008, published by Rowohlt
- "La cospirazione. Il regno di Calaspia", Italian translation, 2008, published by Mondadori
- "Warrior Code / Codex Culmus" (Book Two), novel, 2008
- German edition to be published 2009 by Rowohlt
- Italian edition to be published 2009 by Mondadori